Make a habit of listening to the news, it will improve both your English and writing abilities.
- Start writing short paragraphs. Read your work and give yourself a treat by going out with friends to socialize or buy something new for yourself, this way your writing will connect to your social life.
- Read lots of books, newspapers, and articles in English. This will help you convert your own writing ability into English writing ability. Reading other books will improve your writing style in English, bear in mind that you can't copy people's work, but you can always learn from reading, reading books might inspire your writing as well.
- Start writing your story using grammar and spell check on the computer. Also, read your work and be your own editor, work with patience, ask your friends to read your story, get their critiques in order to improve your writing.
- Talk to people who have English as their first language. This way you can learn how to write dialogue in your story.
- Complete your work and decide if it is worth trying to publish. If it is, do not hesitate to send it to publishers. Do not worry about making it perfect before you send it because the publishing company has professional editors to do that for you.
- Be patient about writing, writing is a hard thing to do, even for native English speakers, so take your time.
- Start writing short and simple stories to make your basic style.
- Be confident about your work, organize your work, make a profile for your characters if your writing a novel, put headings for each chapter, if you have your plot and ending ready in mind or on paper, start writing from which ever chapter you would like to start.
- Make your surroundings colorful because colors can bring inspiration.
- Make yourself comfortable when writing and make sure your room is fresh and quiet.
- Play sports or join the gym in order to relax your mind, peace of mind is very important for a writer.