You need to teach someone English Verbs? Here's some tips!
- If this person knows a different language, learn each verb in that language. If not, follow these tips:
- Do the verb or get someone who can do the verb if possible. If not, show a motion picture of someone doing this verb
- Point to the action on yourself/the person/ the video and say the verb. Example: Point to a man walking and say "walk"
- Keep doing this until your student can say and understand the verb. To make sure they understand, point to a person doing it and say something like, "what is that?" or "what is he doing?" The student should say the word
- Find another student and start from step two
- You can also (if they speak another language) say the word in their native speech so they understand