- Take a course to improve your basic knowledge of English. Without a strong basic foundation in the language, it would be a Pyrrhic victory to go ahead. So, learn the basics from a person who is well versed in English for some time, so that you will reap the benefits in the future.
- If you hesitate to take initiatives, your future will not take you to any higher places either in English learning or anywhere else in your life. Having a strong foundation is the secret of success in any field. The more you go upwards, the more you will realize the significance of basic knowledge. So, take all steps to learn the basics. You are not the only to raise this question - How can I improve my English?
- Read aloud and slowly anything you find (newspapers, Wikipedia or WikiHow articles). Go as slow as possible to understand the meaning behind what you read.
- You can choose children's books which have fairly easy vocabulary and sentence construction. Reading such stories should give you a better understanding of the words. This way, you can improve your vocabulary.
- Write in a notebook (your personal dictionary) the new words that you learn each day.
- Go through this dictionary once in a week so that don't forget the meaning of these words.
- Improve your vocabulary. By using more complex and advanced words, you are prone to perfect your english.
- Every time you go through your personal dictionary, visualize the meaning of the words you wrote. For example: For the word hallucination, you should imagine what the word actually means. This visualization method will make you understand the small difference between similar words such as consent and permission.
- Construct your own sentences using the words which you have noted in your dictionary.
- Then use those words in your daily conversation with your friends and in your written communications.
- Along your way, be open to new words and don't be afraid to ask someone who speaks English what they mean. (Then, don't forget to list them on your dictionary)
- If you follow this method for the next few weeks, then using new words will become your spontaneous habit.
- Never hesitate to read aloud. The worst thing that could happen to you is to be corrected. And, think of it, it's not bad. By being corrected, you have a pointer on where to improve your pronunciation or accent.
How to Perfect Your English
English is the universal language. Knowledge of this international language is nowadays a must to do business at international level. Many working people want to improve their English knowledge.