- Read a lot. Reading helps to grasp more and more words without much effort. Read different types of material on the same topic and also reading on various topics may also help.
- Write an article. The more you use the words the better you remember. So write some story of your own experience or someone else. But you make sure that you use different types of words you have learned.
- Do some crossword puzzles. First try out simple one which should not lead you to despondency, then work on harder puzzles.
- Make antonyms and synonyms notes. Take one notebook and write many synonyms and antonyms for a single word. Leave some space and try to write a lot of meanings for a single word. By doing this you generate a lot of meanings and remember many words with their synonyms and synonyms with their words.
- Learn different languages. Learn different languages apart from your mother tongue and English. Learning different languages helps you to make cognitive reservoirs in your brain. This helps to strengthen language and vocabulary areas in your brain.
- Make comic connections to remember different words. For example, if you want to remember the word magnanimous relate it to one of your friends who is magnanimous. Save his phone number with that word only. So every time you call him, you will come across the word. Make some comical association also. If you want to remember the word sanitary, just remember the visual picture of your bathroom which is the opposite of it.