- Keep clear vocabulary records. Use a notebook, or flash cards to record new words.
- Study your vocabulary words repeatedly until you know them and their meanings.
- Have someone quiz you on the definitions. Concentrate on the more difficult words.
- Remember that the only way you can succeed is if you study. The more you are exposed to a word, the easier it will be to remember it.
- Don't stress too much; once you have studied, the test should be very simple.
- Make your own flashcards. Write the word on one side and the meaning or a picture on the other side. Review them frequently. Memorization is key.
- Write the words and their definitions over a few times.
- Use the word in a sentence. Its always easier to recall its meaning contextually.
- Don't wait until the day before or even the morning of! It may be hard but it's always good to think ahead and be confident with your up coming test.